Twitter Updates

Sunday, February 21, 2010

First Attempt at Making Pizza

Tonight I decided to try to make pizza for the first time, from scratch. I found a recipe for Whole Wheat dough that used honey instead of sugar and decided to give it a go. Pretty simple, thank goodness! Mix ingredients together, let it rise, knead, let rise, knead and then roll it out. Ok....so I didn't exactly succeed at making a circle. In fact, I failed miserably on that count but hey...first try! For toppings I put a thin layer of olive oil, pizza sauce that we canned last summer from our YUMMY tomatoes, caramelized onions, bell peppers and mushrooms. NO CHEESE. Wowza...so yummy! You would never know it was healthy for you and vegan....um except for the honey.

I will admit to one stupid mistake. I forgot to put oil or cornmeal on the pizza stone. DOH! Adam had to work pretty hard to scrape those pieces of pizza off the stone. Hehe

I have a dough ball in the freezer that I'll use later this week. I can't believe I've never done this before! I'm planning on pizza at least twice a month.

No comments: