Saturday, February 28, 2009
I got into the craze early on and made a decent amount of money off of these things. I would line up at 6 AM, along with all the other crazies, to purchase these little treasures. You would be surprised by the amount of money someone would pay you for something that will be available everywhere in another month or so. For instance, when the Princess Diana Bear came out, I bought it for $6, traded it with someone online for Rex, a retired one, and sold it on eBay for over $800! Craziness I tell you. OH, and yes, I did mention trading. I traded these online so that I could get better ones or complete my own collection. Also, every weekend I would go to Beanie Baby trade shows...pathetic huh? It was a culture unto itself. You had to learn all of the different hang tag generations and make sure that the tags were in mint condition with a tag protector.
I also got into the Disney Beanies and Ty Attic Treasures. *sigh You can only imagine my collection.
Today Adam and I finally went through my boxes o' toys. I have literally hundreds of these things. My next mission...eBay them all outta here. Well, I AM going to keep my favorite ones, including one, Peking, that I could have sold for $2000. YES, I am kicking myself for hanging onto it. I also have 2 pairs of the Patriotic Trio: Righty, Lefty and Libearty, that sold for $1000 at one time. Ah well...no sense in crying over what could have been. WAAAAHHHH
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
I finally made my decision. Honestly, I'm not 100% sure of my final decision but....there it is. I decided that I wanted to keep the Sony because, well....I WON IT! I figured I should keep my prize. I do like the side button functions that allow me to get to my library of books faster. The page turn is also faster than the Cybook. I still think that the bottom right circular button is useless. It is supposed to be a history button or something like that. I plan on using a hack so that I can use that as a page turn button. Hopefully the hack will work because it is where the page turn button is on the Cybook and I am used to that location. Frankly, it makes sense to have it on the right side as opposed to the left side, which is how it is configured.
So...my plan is to sell my beloved Cybook on Ebay along with the books that I have already bought for it. Hopefully I will make enough money back to replace some of those books on my Sony. That being said...I still may hang onto the Cybook because it is so stinking light! I'll be sure and post if I sell my Cybook.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
The muffins looked much yummier in person. I suppose I should have wiped the spray off of the pan to make it prettier. I used the last of my fresh blueberries for this batch. Yummm. You have to love exploded berries! Adam has been gone for a week and came home tonight for one night. I tried to time the muffins to come out of the oven as he walked in the door. He came home as I was putting the last one on the cooling rack. How's that for timing?
Friday, February 13, 2009
Yet another amusing moment with Chewie. I forgot to post this on my blog so...sorry for those of you who have already seen this. The silly sounding giggling is due to my lack of oxygen, because I was laughing so hard. You can't see me on the floor, literally, laughing at my stupid cat.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
- More protective padded leather case
- It reads more formats including Adobe and Mobipocket
- I have already spent close to $200 on books that will not transfer to the Sony
- There are more free Mobipocket books online than Adobe format
- Cleaner look because of the fewer buttons
- Different fonts are available
- Does not read all formats of Adobe
- Harder to toggle through the menu
- Made of plastic so perhaps not as durable
- Limited menus so it takes a while to get to your books if you have a lot loaded onto the reader
Sony Digital Reader
- It's RED!
- More durable because it is metal
- I actually won it...which hello? What are the chances?
- More buttons allow easier access to menus
- More functions because of the buttons
- Able to purchase a leather case with a night light attached to it
- Comes with 100 free classical books from Sony
- You can make "collections". These are similar to your playlists on the iPod
- Will need to re-purchase the books I have already bought for the Cybook because it does not read Mobipocket
- The metal may get scratches
- Reads only 2 formats, Adobe being the main one. However, it reads all Adobe formats
- Fewer free Adobe books online
- The 100 free books from Sony are mostly available for free in the Mobipocket format
- Not as clean of a look because of the buttons
- Bottom right button is pointless, however, I did find a hack online to change the functions
- The cases aren't as protective
Sunday, February 1, 2009
At the present moment I am faced with a slight dilemna. Do I really need TWO digital readers? Can I justify keeping the both of them? I am going to compare the Cybook and the Sony Digital Reader and make a decision in the next few days. While I would love to keep the both of them, it just doesn't seem very practcal. *sigh Do I HAVE to be practical?
I'll let you know what I decide after I play around with my new cool toy!