Twitter Updates

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

9/1/2010 Garden Update: WATERMELONS!!!

It's watermelon time y'all !!!!!! THIS is why I love heirloom watermelons! Aren't the colors just fabulous?!?! Here are the last watermelons of the season. As per usual, these all went to our family. We had already passed out a few to our neighbors....these are the ones left after that.
Here is a picture of the Orangelo. It was so incredibly orange. VERY cool looking, however, I still like the taste of the yellow better. This year the yellow was much sweeter, in my opinion. The Crimson Sweets didn't do as well because the vines got attacked by beetles. Arggg. That's what we get for having an organic garden. Well, that and the fact that I was too lazy to go out there and treat them with organic bug killing techniques. We'll make sure to do that next year.

Yep, I'm sitting ON the watermelons. Not too comfortable. LOL

No comments: