Twitter Updates

Friday, March 12, 2010

Broccoli and Bow tie Pasta

I'm posting this for Jessica, who wanted a broccoli recipe. It's something from the Barefoot Contessa, minus the pine nuts. This is the one I make all the time, though I haven't made it since my diet change. I will swap out the butter for olive oil and cut out the cheese when I make it next, but here is the recipe with butter and cheese. =)

Kosher salt
8 cups of broccoli florets ( approx. 4 heads)
1/2 lb bow tie pasta
2 T unsalted butter
2 T olive oil
1T minced garlic
1 lemon, zested
1/2 t ground pepper
1 T lemon juice
Parmesan Cheese

Cook broccoli 3 minutes in boiling, salted water. Remove from water with slotted spoon and place into bowl. Set aside.
In same water cook the pasta according to directions. Drain and add to broccoli.
Meanwhile, in a small saute pan, heat butter and oil and cook garlic and lemon zest over medium-low for 1 minute. Take off the heat. Add 2 t salt, pepper and lemon juice. Toss with broccoli and pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.

Enjoy!

No comments: