Twitter Updates

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Easy Quinoa and Lentils Recipe

This is my new "go-to" recipe when I only have 25 minutes to make a quick meal. The texture is pretty similar to mashed potatoes because the lentils make this really creamy in texture. You can add as many extras as you want to make it to your taste.

1 cup Quinoa
1 cup red lentils
10 cloves of garlic, rough chopped ( I love garlic so I just do an entire bulb)
5 cups of water
1 1/2 cups of chopped veggies (optional)


REALLY SIMPLE. Throw everything into a medium sized pot on medium. Simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.DONE

If you don't feel like chopping any veggies you can always add frozen veggies. Today I didn't have time and happened to have some of those Steam Fresh Frozen veggies that you just nuke for 5 minutes.

This WILL be bland without seasoning so add whatever spices that you like. You can throw in dried herbs while it cooks or top with fresh when it's done. I like mine with nutritional yeast, soy sauce and a pinch of sea salt.

No comments: