Twitter Updates

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Vikki's Vegan Chunky Cookie Recipe

I've had a few requests for this recipe so here it is. Let me know how your turn out!

2 C quick cook oats
1 C all-purpose flour
1 C whole wheat flour ( I like white wheat as opposed to red wheat. I'm going to try 2 C wheat flour instead of doing the 1 Wheat, 1 white thing)
1 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt

2/3 C canola oil
2/3 C evaporated cane juice ( you can use regular sugar)
3/4 C packed brown sugar
1/2 C unsweetened soymilk ( you can use whatever milk you want)
1 T ground flax
1 t vanilla
2 C of your choice of filler. You can use nuts, fruit, chocolate chips, etc. I used a mix of raw peanuts & walnuts, dried dates, pineapple and papaya.
3/4 cup shredded coconut

Preheat oven to 350. Line your cookie sheets with paper.

Mix the oats, flour, soda, powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside.

In a large bowl mix together oil, sugars, milk, flax and vanilla. I just use a rubber spatula for the entire recipe.

Add flour mixture and fold in. When combined add the coconut and your filling of choice.

I used my bigger cookie scoop and spaced them a few inches apart. The dough is a bit chunky so I had to shape them because they started to come apart after using the scoop for a while. Just get a little water on your fingers and shape them how you want them to look.

Bake until the edges are brown, about 15 minutes. Cool on the pan for a few minutes so that they hold their shape and then transfer them to a cooling rack. ENJOY!

No comments: