Twitter Updates

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Stress !!!

I am starting to stress out a tad. Out here in Branson, Christmas starts November 1st. This means that our theatre and our show completely change. Normally I am fine with the show. Perhaps a little bit of nervousness for the first few shows...but other than that, no big deal. This year is going to be a little different though.

Due to my motorcycle accident, I am the "gimp" out of the wives. I normally will dance the opening number and nothing else. I used to do the other dance numbers but my knee swelled up after dancing the first year so I decided to cut back a little. Cortisone shots were not something I wanted to rely on. This year I am adding in a few more dances. Two of them are ones that I have done before...but it has been 5 years since I last did them. The memory isn't quite what it used to be. Actually, forget memory, the muscles aren't what they used to be.

There is also a song that I normally do with Adam, Cindy and Marty. Just singing and then minimal dancing. Well, this year things are changing. It's a brand new song with all of the couples that sounds great vocally. It's the dancing that is stressing me out. We just had our first rehearsal yesterday and we aren't even done with the choreography. The show opens in literally ONE week! AHHHHH. Aside from the very short time...I have never danced a Viennese Waltz before. Hello??? Not the easiest thing for me to pick up. We probably only have another day or two of rehearsals to learn it. Yep! Color me stressed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love Branson over the holidays. It really does remind me of the holidays when I was a little girl. The lights, the music, the weather...we just love it! My husband and I have been taking the kids for the past four years, and it's a tradition the whole family loves. Hope your stress levels drop!