Twitter Updates

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ugh, the negative side of Facebook

Most of you out there are familiar with Facebook I imagine. It's a great social network that allows you to keep in touch with your present friends, as well as ones from the past. For the most part I have loved it. It has been fun getting to re-connect with friends from high school and college. I have even found a few people from intermediate and grade school. I mainly only add people that know I because I keep my personal information on my page. Oh yeah, I also like Facebook because you can choose whether to "accept" a friend or not. You have the option of letting people view your page or not. If I have met you in person, feel free to add me.

Facebook also has fun procrastination tools. You can literally waste several days away on there. It's actually a little bit frightening the amount of time you can waste. You can play online poker, Scrabble, Boggle, have Pillow Fights, and play other addicting games ( Packrat). OH, and you can meet people from all over the world on the poker application. Note to self, must find Italian people to communicate with...

So...with all of these wonderful things, where is the negative?

Pictures....many, many pictures from the past. Eek. It's a lot of fun being able to post pictures on your page and seeing pictures of friends on their pages. You can also post comments under the pictures. However, some of those pictures are from high school.....in the 80s.....with really really big hair.....and lace...Need I say more? Ugh...embarrassing pictures for all of your friends to see. Pictures that you thought were long forgotten and that should not be introduced to the non-suspecting eyes. They didn't know they existed...why show them now? UGH

No comments: