Twitter Updates

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Only in Branson

Only in Branson will you find such honest people. I observed this the first week that I moved here, seven years ago. Adam and I were at the Tanger Outlet Mall in the customer service office. A man came in asking if anyone had turned in a wallet. Sure enough, someone turned it in, complete with $100 bills! WOW!

I was the beneficiary of this Branson honesty last weekend.

After the aforementioned group date night, Adam and and I went to Home Depot to pick out our garden plants. As per usual....this took a little while. When we were finished I went to the Wal-mart Supercenter across the street. I must have been really tired. Apparently I left my wallet at the check-out stand. DOH! I didn't notice this until two days had passed. I was going to get an estimate on a frame and could not for the life of me find my wallet. I searched my car several times, ugh. This takes a bit of time because it tends to accumulate things throughout the week. It took me a few minutes to remember when I last used my wallet. I finally decided to call Wal-mart juuuuuust in case. After being on hold for literally 25 minutes, they told me it was there. Phew! The manager knew exactly who I was because...well.....I go there a lot. Well, that and the fact that there really aren't THAT many Chinese people living in Branson.

Oh, all of my money and cards were still inside. =)

No comments: