Twitter Updates

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Homemade Wheat Bread anyone?

Ahhhhh, the smell of hot out-of-the-oven Wheat bread. NOM!!
I got this recipe from Mara and love it. It's the one I have been using for a few years, however, went to her house tonight for a few pointers. Apparently I haven't been kneading the dough long enough. It still tasted fine but the texture was a little different. The things I love about this bread that beats all of the other bread out there, including Panera are...the ingredients.

As many of my friends and family know, I have been trying to eat even healthier than I was before. I have cut out all meat, except for fish, and all dairy. The dairy has been the hard part! I love me some dairy! So, it's kind of like being Vegan except for fish, honey and caged eggs. I am also going to try to stick to small fish to cut down on the mercury intake.

This recipe has no eggs, butter or sugar. Just whole ground wheat, water, yeast, oil and honey. It's healthy and YUMMY!!!

I ground up hard red wheat and hard white wheat. There were some other cute pictures with various children's heads, centimeters from the mixer but....I looked awful in them so I decided not to post those. LOL

No comments: