Twitter Updates

Monday, August 9, 2010

Raw Pasta Sauce Recipe

I am in love with this recipe. This raw pasta sauce is SO easy to make, healthy and SO YUMMY! Trust me, if you have garden tomatoes, you NEED to try it. I even gave some to our meat and potatoes neighbors and they loved it! Cindy found a recipe online but I am not sure what the source is so I can't credit it. I changed it a bit actually so....here is my take on the recipe.
6 tomatoes ( I used 6 two-handed scoops of our cherry tomatoes)
Handful of sun-dried tomatoes
1 small onion
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup fresh basil
1 T Rosemary
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1 t salt
1 T Balsamic Vinegar
4 pitted dates
Handful of cashews
Black pepper to taste

You will need a food processor or blender. Cut tomatoes and onions to proper size to blend. I love that you don't need to peel the skin off. The cherry tomatoes made this even faster. =)
Put everything in and whiz it all up. TADA. You're done!

It's great as a dip and on pasta. It's also good heated up but way healthier if you just eat it room temperature. I'm not quite sure how good it would be with store bought tomatoes because in my opinion those taste awful. Garden tomatoes or farmer's market ones would be best.

ENJOY!!!

No comments: