Twitter Updates

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Costume Malfunction

Tonight was an interesting show for me. There is a number that we do called "Showtune"...the picture is from that number. We open the second half of our show with this number so I have about 30 or so minutes to kill between my last number and this one. During that time I like to sit in my car and listen to music, read, or check my twitter or email on my phone. The skirt is pretty fitted on the waist and has no give at all so sometimes I will undo the top hook so I can be more comfortable while relaxing in my car. Apparently I forgot to re-hook it. DOH!

The beginning of the number starts with Mara singing and then I join her up front for a few lines (See the picture above). During those lines I must have made a sudden enough movement that made the skirt unzip. I had no idea until Adam told me. We are constantly moving and changing formations throughout the number and there is one point where he is right next to me. He was closer than normal tonight and was trying to tell me something. I didn't understand him at first and was thinking, "What? I'm doing the right steps, right?" Then he leans over and tells me that my skirt is falling off! AHHHH. Needless to say, I was freaking out inside trying to figure out how to make it through the rest of the number. SO, I got to take smaller than normal steps while hitching up my skirt every once in a while. It's always interesting what goes through your mind at that point...."OK, I can grab it on this next move and then I'll be behind Jason for a second and I can grab it then. At the end while you are spinning forward to the middle...grab your skirt while you turn!OK...final pose...you're in the middle..ummm, hand on hip..." For those of you that perform, you so know what I mean, right?

1 comment:

stampindede said...

That's very funny, Vikki. I'm glad it wasn't any worse!