Twitter Updates

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tomatoes anyone?

This is a picture of a typical tomato harvest from our garden. This does not include the literal hundreds of red and yellow cherry tomatoes that we have. We have to harvest these little goodies every other day, sooo...you can imagine the poundage of tomato-y goodness at our house. We have always weighed our watermelons and occasionally our cherry tomatoes. I am now kicking myself for not weighing these each time that we pick them. I would love to have a grand total of how many pounds of tomatoes we grew this year. We have canned some, given away bags, frozen some, eaten some, and still....we have plenty. I am always on the look-out for new ways to cook or use them so please share any ideas that you have. I know we have had over 100 pounds, easily. Hmmm, factor in that vine ripened ones are around $1.50 a pound and cherry tomatoes are even more.....I think we got our money's worth with our 8 plants. =)

PS- We have 2 or 3 plants that are about 8 feet tall!!!

No comments: