Twitter Updates

Saturday, July 3, 2010

First Groundhog of the Year

It's that time of year again. Groundhogs living in our wall next to our watermelon plants. Arggggg! Here is the culprit. Within 2 days he managed to eat the leaves off of 2 cantaloupe plants, 1 cucumber plant, 1 green melon plant and 1 watermelon plant.

I was out at the wall and saw him trapped in a hole, similar to what happened to Kahlan. Honestly, I was all about killing the guy. Now, for those that know me, you know I'm all about loving animals and saving them. Heck, I cut out all meat in my diet except for fish. However, groundhogs are an entirely different story. Between the groundhogs and crows....our melons are constantly under attack. After watching so many episodes of Legend of the Seeker lately, posting the head on a stick to warn all other groundhogs......not completely against it. Yeah Yeah Yeah, call PETA.

We didn't end up doing that. We wound up buying a trap and trapping the guy, as you can see in the picture. *sigh. If we get another one though......
One of the plants after the groundhog had his snack.

No comments: